This post is not about being a victim or supporting other victims and survivors, it is about a form of narcissicism that involves lying and fabricating events in order to create and maintain a “narcissistic supply” from others.
As with all narcissism, there is no empathy or support for others who are suffering, and a grandiose sense of “competition” ensures that this person will pretend to have the most suffering and worst circumstances of anyone. The purpose of assuming this role is to demand unlimited emotional or other support from others, and to reject any limits and boundaries you may set (for example, your own needs or your family’s needs).
A good explanation of this can be found at:
- The 10 Laws of Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Accepting and Meeting your Own Emotional Needs (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Trauma and Abuse (traumadissociation.com)
- Disorganized attachment or why you think you’re crazy but really aren’t (boundaryninjatales.com)
- Where does low self-esteem come from? Does it effect health? (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)