Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder) is caused by overwhelming early life trauma, so knowing how to manage dealing with the flashbacks present in Post-traumatic stress disorder is important.
Psychiatrist Dr David Yeung offers useful ideas on managing flashbacks using physical movement or sensations in his blog.
Read his article Grounding exercises and working with flashbacks.
- Flashback Worksheets for Trauma Survivors (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Using visualization for stabilization and safety in Dissociative Identity Disorder and OSDD (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- What is Dissociative Identity Disorder? (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Healing the trauma of war – art therapy (mirrorgirlblog.com)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (traumadissociation.com)
- Coping with Trauma (traumadissociation.com)
<li><span class="post_sig">More info: <a href="http://TraumaDissociation.com">http://traumadissociation.com</a>