Ruby Wax, famous comedian and author, setup http://blackdogtribe.com to allow people with depression to talk about it. She also wrote a stand-up show whilst recovering from a depression so severe she needed to be hospitalised.
Check our her blog post about why she won’t shut up about stigma, and the importance of connecting with others.
Ruby explains – with humor – the abusive voices of depression
- Blog for mental health – fighting stigma together (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Our posts on stigma (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Selling stigma: Ridiculing and demonising people with mental health problems for fun and profit (sectioneduk.wordpress.com)
- My thoughts on there being ‘no stigma’ around mental illness (psychiatrysho.wordpress.com)
- DEMI LOVATO: ‘IF PEOPLE REALLY KNEW HOW DARK MY STRUGGLES GOT (http://andthemoonseesall.wordpress.com)
- Mental health stigma and discrimination (Time to Change)
- Black dog tribe Ruby’s depression social networking website
- Mental health myths and facts (Time to Change)