Being male and a survivor
- Male Abuse Awareness – survivors of abuse speaking out (traumaanddissociation.wordpress.com)
- Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse – More Exposure Needed (whatislove-2010.blogspot.com)
- Wanted – Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse @ThisTangledWeb #ChildAbuse #Survivors (whatislove-2010.blogspot.com)
- Do survivors blame themselves? Can they change this? (traumaanddissociation.wordpress.com)
- Alone – survivor poetry (traumaanddissociation.wordpress.com)
- What’s it like to suffer from something that isn’t adequately recognized? (traumaanddissociation.wordpress.com)
- What does healing from abuse look like? Is it all about talking about memories of abuse? (traumaanddissociation.wordpress.com)
Being a male and a survivor, it’s one of the hardest things you can ever be. People think that as a man you’re strong enough to let it roll of your back and get on with your life. It’s not as easy as this.
When I first disclosed I knew that I would have a fight, fight to be believed, fight to be accepted and fight for the help I need. Yes, I still need help with the depression. With learning how to trust and love again. This is still so hard.
People don’t understand the effect abuse has on a persons life. It destroys hope, it destroys trust. The main effect on me has been to destroy my school life. I used to sit and look in to space wishing my life away.
Even today I feel let down by a system that doesn’t ask the right questions. A…
View original post 92 more words