It’s Male Abuse Awareness Week from Dec 1 – Dec 8th.
There are very few bloggers posting about his so far – so we’ve put together some information and a list of related blogs and resources.
Abuse can take many different forms and there are many myths about men who have been abused, either as boys or as adults.
Abuse can happen to anyone.
It is never the victim’s fault.
The Wounded Warrior – Jan L Frayne author of “Beyond Survivor” blogs about healing from child sexual abuse (whatislove-2010.blogspot.com)
Help show support for male survivors by reblogging this or writing your own blog.
Sign the epetition to request equally funding for services to support male abuse victims.
Support and information about the abuse of males:
A men’s project male survivors of abuse page
- 10 Male Sexual Assault Myths (traumadissociation.wordpress.com)
- Double standard seen when boys abused by women (usatoday.com)
- Domestic violence by a female is still domestic violence! (blogizing.wordpress.com)
- HEqual forces complete withdrawal of ISPCC’s banned anti-male ad (hequal.wordpress.com) domestic violence stereotypes
- Why do boys not tell about sexual abuse? (psychologytoday)
- Everyone Should be Afraid – Even the Tough Guy (terminallyintelligent.wordpress.com) graphic descriptions of abuse
- 25 Male Survivors of Sexual Assault quoting the people that attacked them (projectunbreakable.com)
- Corey Haim’s mother wanted her son’s molester brought to justice (globalnews.ca)
- Male Abuse Awareness Week Feature Broadcasting (survivorsjustice.com)
- Male Abuse Awareness week, Dec 1 – 8 2013 (clairecappetta.wordpress.com)
- Boys and Men sexually abused and raped. (jtbrewer56.wordpress.com)