I’ve been thinking of blogging about this for a while and then stumbled across an excellent blog today, written by a counselor.
This is so common in trauma survivors – as it being stuck in a “Victim” mode where you feel helpless and unable to change anything or get out of situations on your own, leaving you in need of a Rescuer… the concept is known as the Karpman Drama Triangle, from Transactional Analysis.
(both images courtesy of wikimedia commons)
Read the full explanation in this excellent blog
- Am I a lost cause? (cptsd2013.wordpress.com, great song lyrics included!)
- The Drama Triangle, understanding psychological games (gwizlearning.wordpress.com, with more on transactional analysis)
- Inner Child Healing Expert Robert Burney (codependentrecoveryexpertrobertburney.wordpress.com)
- Do Relationships Require Rescuing? (crutchprints.com)
- The Drama Triangle, understanding psychological games (gwizlearning.wordpress.com)
- The Theory behind Transactional Analysis (mattsullivanblog.wordpress.com)
- Trauma and Abuse (traumadissociation.com)